- Assistant Coach Bill Bayno has left the Timberwolves to join Dwane Casey's staff in Toronto. Some reports say the Wolves will promote Rick's son David (Adelman) to assistant coach, while other reports say that the Wolves are in preliminary talks with Elston Turner to re-join Adelman's staff.
- The contracts for Kevin Martin, Chase Budinger, Corey Brewer and Ronny Turiaf have been finalized. Gorgui Dieng & Shabazz Muhammad have also signed their rookie deals.
- New guard Kevin Martin was asked if he expects coach Rick Adelman to be back with the team and he replied, "That's the story I've heard."
- The Mavericks have waived second-year center Bernard James to clear cap space to sign Monta Ellis. The Wolves could have some interest in James and if they did they would likely waived big man Chris Johnson. James is viewed as a decent backup and would be an upgrade over Johnson.
- The Wolves have offered Peković a deal worth an estimated $50million over four years. Pek's agents apparently made a counteroffer of $55million over four years. Owner Glen Taylor and President of Basketball Operations Flip Saunders are expected to sit down and meet with Pekovicć and his agents in the very near future, with the expectation that a deal is imminent. From everything I've heard, Minnesota expects Nikola Peković to return.
- Anthony Tolliver has talked with Flip Saunders about a reunion in Minnesota, but Tolliver and his agents are sure that he'd fit with the current roster (with Love, Williams, Cunningham, Turiaf, Dieng & Johnson on the roster).
- The Wolves have a new D-League affiliate. The Miami Heat are the lone affiliate with the Sioux Falls Skyforce. The Wolves are now affiliated with the Iowa Energy. The Wolves haven't used the D-League much the past few years except for some rehab assignments for Jonny Flynn and more recently Malcolm Lee.
- The Wolves have 13 guaranteed contracts on the roster: Rubio, Barea, Martin, Shved, Brewer, Budinger, Muhammad, Love, Williams, Cunningham, Turiaf, Dieng & Johnson. With Pek's deal expected in the very near future, that makes 14. That leaves one roster spot and if the Wolves intend to fill it, two players that could be in the running are two that played for the Wolves in the Summer League: Robbie Hummel (58th pick in the 2012 Draft) or Lorenzo Brown (52nd in the 2013 Draft). Chris Johnson is viewed as expendable if need be and could be waived.
That's all for now, thanks for reading and GO WOLVES!