Year-Round News & Updates on the Minnesota Timberwolves
NBA.com unveiled their annual NBA GM Survey earlier this week. Today we're looking at places where the Wolves showed up in a variety of different questions.
Before we get to the Wolves, let's talk a bit about how the GM's think the NBA Finals will play out. 55.6% of GMs think the San Antonio Spurs will win the Western Conference. Also receiving votes: Oklahoma City (29.6%) & the L.A. Clippers (11.1%). 70.4% of GMs believe the Cleveland Cavaliers will win the Eastern Conference Finals. The other team receiving the majority of votes: the Chicago Bulls (25.9%). 46.2% say the Spurs will repeat as NBA champions, 15.4% think the Cavaliers will win it all. Both the Bulls and the Clippers got 11.5% of the votes as NBA champions.
Something pertaining a bit more to the Timberwolves, "Who will win the Northwest Division?" 92.9% said the Oklahoma City Thunder with the other 7.1% of the votes going to the Portland Trailblazers.
This one I found somewhat humorous..."The NBA's best power forward?" Both Portland's LaMarcus Aldridge and the Clippers' Blake Griffin recieved 25% of the votes each. 21.4% said Anthony Davis, 10.7% of voters said LeBron James (75% said he was the best small forward, too) and Kevin Love nabbed 7.1% of the votes as best power forward.
On to the Wolves...
"Most Underrated Acquisition"
-Tyson Chandler, Dallas Mavericks (17.9%)
-Omer Asik, New Orleans Pelicans (14.3%)
Spencer Hawes, L.A. Clippers (14.3%)
Others Receiving Votes: Andrew Wiggins, Minnesota Timberwolves & Thaddeus Young, Minnesota Timberwolves
"Most Surprising Offseason Move"
-LeBron James to Cleveland (42.9%)
-Andrew Wiggins--Kevin Love Trade (7.1%)
"Rookie of the Year?"
-Jabari Parker, Milwaukee Bucks (75%)
-Andrew Wiggins, Minnesota Timberwolves (17.9%)
"Which Rookie will be the Best in Five Years?"
-Jabari Parker, Milwaukee Bucks (35.7%)
-Andrew Wiggins, Minnesota Timberwolves (32.1%)
-Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers (21.4%)
"Coach with the Best Offense"
-Gregg Popovich, San Antonio Spurs (77.8%)
-Rick Carlisle, Dallas Mavericks (11.1%)
Others w/Votes: Doc Rivers, Los Angeles Clippers; Erik Spolestra, Miami Heat; & Flip Saunders, Minnesota Timberwolves
"Most Athletic Player?"
-LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers (50%)
-Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers (10.7%)
Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder (10.7%)
-Gerald Green, Phoenix Suns (7.1%)
Others w/Votes: Zach LaVine, Minnesota Timberwolves & Andrew Wiggins, Minnesota Timberwolves
"The Biggest Steal of the Draft, Based on Where Rookie Was Drafted?"
-Rodney Hood, Utah Jazz (17.9%)
-Doug McDermott, Chicago Bulls (14.3%)
-Zach LaVine, Minnesota Timberwolves (10.7%)
Kyle Anderson, San Antonio Spurs (10.7%)
"International Player Most Likely to Have a Breakout Season in 2014-15?"
-Jonas Valanciunas, Toronto Raptors (33.3%)
-Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks (18.5%)
-Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz (11.1%)
-Ricky Rubio, Minnesota Timberwolves (7.4%)
Evan Fournier, Orlando Magic (7.4%)
Nikola Mirotic, Chicago Bulls (7.4%)
-Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers (64.3%)
-LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers (10.7%)
Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics (10.7%)
Ricky Rubio, Minnesota Timberwolves (10.7%)
-Steve Nash, Los Angeles Lakers (3.6%)
-Tony Allen, Memphis Grizzlies (25.9%)
-Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers (11.1%)
David West, Indiana Pacers (11.1%)
-Reggie Evans, Sacramento Kings (7.4%)
Kenneth Faried, Denver Nuggets (7.4%)
Others w/Votes: Nikola Pekovic, Minnesota Timberwolves
Those are all of the places in which the Minnesota Timberwolves and its players appear in the NBA.com GM survey. If you'd like to check out the full GM survey, here's the link: NBA.com 2014-15 GM Survey.
A TWolves fan, bringing you the daily updates.